Christian, It seems is not what I was indoctrinated.

Anything not covered in any other forum are discussed here.
Geod Manson

Christian, It seems is not what I was indoctrinated.

Post by Geod Manson » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:46 am

I had "religion/theocracy? shoved down my throat from the time that I can remember.
From the age of 7 I hated being forced to go to church many times each week , because I had figured out in my aspie brain that there was no difference between the Easter bunny, the tooth fairy, Santa clause and the jesus/god character.
What I was being taught made no sense to me.
It seems that what was being shoved down my throat all those years really isn't what a "Christian" is.

In the context Rom presents this material. I can see using the BIBLE as a teaching tool. Especially when so many people believe that BIBLE(what does the sign "BIBLE" mean?) to be more than just a teaching tool. And if one will talk about the BIBLE, many people will listen.

Hierarchy.
46 Minutes and three seconds long. I think it's worth watching.

Geod Manson

Re: Christian, It seems is not what I was indoctrinated.

Post by Geod Manson » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:00 am

WHY-YOU-ARE-DEAD

Geod Manson

Post by Geod Manson » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:08 pm

CORPORATION-SOUL
[media]
[/media]

Logos
Site Admin

Post by Logos » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 pm

Geod Manson wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:46 am
I had "religion/theocracy? shoved down my throat from the time that I can remember.
From the age of 7 I hated being forced to go to church many times each week , because I had figured out in my aspie brain that there was no difference between the Easter bunny, the tooth fairy, Santa clause and the jesus/god character.
What I was being taught made no sense to me.
It seems that what was being shoved down my throat all those years really isn't what a "Christian" is.

In the context Rom presents this material. I can see using the BIBLE as a teaching tool. Especially when so many people believe that BIBLE(what does the sign "BIBLE" mean?) to be more than just a teaching tool. And if one will talk about the BIBLE, many people will listen.
Supposedly, the material comprising the Bible was not taken literally by the early Christians, and that later the Church compelled people under pain of death/torture that they must believe it to be literally true. I also think there's something to the notion that the Bible is a law book using different language that parallels legal/commercial verbiage.

Numerous judges attend seminary, I'm told, even the occasional prosecutor. It reminds me of a scene in the film "Minority Report". When asked where he came from the prosecutor [Colin Farrell] tells the chief [Tom Cruise] that he came from seminary. There's definitely more to the Bible than its religious veneer.